Laureate values the privacy of its Portal’s visitors. However, please note that this Portal may contain links to other websites. Naturally, Laureate is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites.
We are your contact point with respect to the entire Laureate International Universities network and its educational partners. Laureate International Universities provide high-quality education to more than 1,000,000 students at more than 80 campus-based and online institutions throughout the world. To learn more, and to explore additional universities within our global network, please visit www.laureate.net.
The Portal is designed to allow you to discover the institutions which offer online programs under the brand 'University of Europe Laureate Digital' throughout Europe, i.e. institutions that are members of the Laureate International Universities network, as well as partner institutions (the "Institutions"). A list of all the Institutions is available here. In this context, the Portal provides you with information about all the different Institutions and about their online programs in areas such as finance, management, marketing, business, arts, and many others. If you have identified the online program that would suit you best, or if you need advice in deciding what online program would best fulfill your expectations, the Portal allows you to live chat with enrollment advisors, request information on specific online programs, talk with an ambassador via e-mail, call or video conference. Also, if you have made up your mind, the Portal allows you to submit an application form, fill in a Contact Request Form or call us at each of the phone numbers available here.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Personal data you give us. You may give us personal data about you by filling in forms on our Portal or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Portal, submit an application for a specific online program, subscribe to our services, chat with our enrollment teams, fill in a Contact Request Form, network with other users at the Portal or when you report a problem with our Portal. The personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, financial information and educational information
3. HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA MIGHT BE USED
The personal data as specified in section 2 may be processed by us of by any of the other Institutions or partners that are member of the Laureate Network to various ends such as:
- to contact you, for example to confirm your registration on the Portal, in the context of your Contact Request form, pursuant to your conversation with one of our ambassadors or to offer other programs;
- to advise you and provide you with information that you requested about the programs offered by the Institutions;
- to process your applications;
- to contact you for marketing and operational purposes by telephone, sms or email with information regarding programs offered by us and the Laureate Network, promotions, products and services, or upcoming events;
- to allow Laureate to fully provide you with the services that it offers;
- for the proper administration of activities of Laureate; and
- for the legitimate interests of Laureate.
4. WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE PERSONAL DATA
We may collect, maintain, process and store any of your personal data in any of Laureate's computer networks as Laureate deems appropriate, and we may share your personal data with selected third parties, including:
- Institutions, insofar necessary to provide you any requested information about the Institution(s) involved, to finalize your application for a specific online program provided by such Institution(s) or to provide you any other requested services.
- The members and partners of the Laureate Network, insofar necessary to contact you for their marketing purposes. If you expressly agreed to receive marketing information, your personal data will be shared with other institutions that are members or partners of the Laureate Network, for the marketing purposes as described above Each communication you will receive from us or any of those institutions will identify the sender, and will allow you to unsubscribe from receiving any further communication from the sender. *
- Third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others. This includes sharing information with other organizations and public supervisory authorities insofar required by law.
5. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
- comply with any legal process;
- execute and apply your agreement(s) with Laureate;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Laureate, their employees, agents, representatives and customers
6. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may exercise those rights either by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also be able to unsubscribe from all communications from members or partners of the Laureate Network by emailing: email@example.com. More information about the Laureate Network and about the institutions that are members or partners of the Laureate Network is available here.
7. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data is stored on servers, which are protected by appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data processed through the Portal against access, loss or against any form of unlawful processing by unauthorized third parties.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
We use technical cookies that are necessary for operating the Portal. These type of cookies allow you to move around our Portal and utilize the features as intended. These cookies will only be placed by the us and not by third parties.
Our technical cookies will, amongst other things, enable Portal functionality, store preferences that you select, such as font sizes or volume level and detect the best settings for the device you are using. Such technical cookies will not store any behavioral information, nor will they send any information to third parties.
The table below explains the first party technical cookies we use at our Portal and why we use them.
|Type of cookie||Name||Function and purpose|
|Technical cookie||Flag about cookies disclaimer has been accepted‑||Ergonomics. This is just to prevent the message from being displayed again once the user has accepted the disclaimer about cookies.|
|Technical cookie||Locale (i.e. the web site language user is currently using)||Ergonomics. This is just to keep track of the chosen language, so that when visitor comes back, this language is used on the Portal.|
|Technical cookie||Login status (user is logged in or not)||Ergonomics. It's a "session id", typically allows user to stay connected.|
|Technical cookie||Other user settings (if password has been changed, if settings have been saved and current page being viewed)||Technical. It's just a convenient way to keep track locally of events regarding a given user.|
|Technical cookie||Other technical settings (VCAP_ID, XRSF token)||Technical. These are Bluemix internal settings, used mostly for security purposes.|
We use performance cookies on the Portal. Performance cookies are used to measure browsing activity, in order to learn about how your use our Portal. For example, which pages you go to most frequently, how you link to our Portal and whether you have any issues or error messages from web pages.
We use performance cookies to:
- Measure the performance of our Portal and collect information on how you use it in order for us to provide you with the best possible online service;
- Help us improve our Portal operations and to provide you with a better online experience, by e.g. measuring any errors you may experience;
- Measure the effectiveness of our onsite adverts and online marketing campaigns;
- Help us test different designs on our Portal in order to improve your online experience.
The table below explains the performance cookies we use and why we use them and how long the different cookies are stored on your computer or device. These cookies are set by a third party and not by us.
|Type of cookie||Name||Function and purpose|
|Performance cookie, set by Google Inc.||__utma||Analytics, analyses the number of times a visitor has been to the Portal, when their first visit was, etc.|
|Performance cookie, set by Google Inc.||__utmb||Analytics, calculates how long a visit takes|
|Performance cookie, set by Google Inc.||__utmc||Analytics, calculates how long a visit takes|
|Performance cookie, set by Google Inc.||__utmz||Analytics, analyses e.g. where the visitor came from and what link it clicked on|
|Performance cookie, set by Google Inc.||__utmx||Analytics, used to determine a visitors inclusion in an experiment.|
|Performance cookie, set by Google Inc.||__utmxx||Analytics, used to determine the expiry of experiments a visitor has been included in|
4. GOOGLE ANALYTICS PREMIUM
You may refuse and stop the use of Google Analytics Premium by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Portal. Furthermore, you can prevent Google's collection and use of data (like IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB#. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics Premium, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/.
5. MANAGING COOKIES
You can turn off all cookies, in case you prefer not to receive them, and you can have your computer or device warn you whenever cookies are being used. Disabling cookies may prevent some web services from working correctly: it can limit the functionality of the Portal and it's possible that you do not have access to some of the features of the Portal. To turn off all cookies, or to receive a warning whenever cookies are being used, you can deselect each of the above mentioned cookies.
You can also adjust your browser settings to manage cookies. Most web browsers allow control of the above listed cookies through the browser settings. Please note that if cookie settings in your browser are changed this may influence the functionality of the Portal. You can adjust your browser settings to delete certain cookies or prevent them where you have not given express permission for them to be stored on your computer or device. Visit the "help" section of your browser for how to manage your cookie settings, or follow the links below:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Adobe (plug-in for flash cookies): https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html
There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. You can also use https://www.ghostery.com to accept or refuse each cookie used by our Portal.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
7. CONTACT US